My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://rememberlv.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Remember: Last nights Movie in The Park

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Last nights Movie in The Park

I checked out the movie at Union Terrace last night and I have to commend Movies in the Parks and the city of Allentown on a job well done. I also have to give a thank you to the weather gods who provided such a beautiful early summer evening for a night out in the park.

Union Terrace was buzzing with children, families and laughter. The little leaguers who play for UT were out in full force selling glow sticks to help raise money for new jerseys. I felt like a royal ass having no cash on me (stupid debit card)…

The important thing about the movie at Union Terrace last night was the sense of community I felt sitting there on the WPA created amphitheater. I wasn’t around when the plans were drawn up for UT but I can imagine that what occurred there last night might have very well been one of the intentions of the designer.

I look forward to seeing more movies in the parks, and I hope awareness of this wonderful free series of events is raised across the city. Next time, I will make sure to have a couple of paper bills in my pocket, just in case.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home