My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://rememberlv.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Remember: Evening Notes, West Park, and The Dave Matthews Band

Friday, June 19, 2009

Evening Notes, West Park, and The Dave Matthews Band

First up is the West Park House Tour. Check out the link here for more information and while you are at it, check out the West Park Civic Association.

Second, this Saturday night come to Taylor Roasted Coffee House in Northampton. I host an open mic there bi-weekly and a good friend of mine and excellent musician will be playing this week. It is always a good time. The shop is located next to the Roxy on Main Street.

Third, (and I am amazed by this) Mcall.com is reporting that the Dave Matthews Band has been contacted and may play Coca-Cola Park next summer.(I am so glad I got tickets to that Dylan show already) I should out myself here as being a major fan boy for DMB. They are one of the most unique and talented ensembles of musicians currently playing and their new album Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King is fantastic. I hope the folks at CCP can pull this one off; it would teach Musikfest a lesson about booking bands and set a huge example about what kinds of concerts are possible in the city. If you have never listened, here are some videos to check out. (and if you already have listened or have dismissed them as frat rock, have another listen, they will surprise you)




I had to drive to Hershey in a nearly broken down car that almost died on the way home for this show but it was so worth it:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lance said...

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

July 24, 2009 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kleiner said...

Thanks Lance, I really hope they play here.

July 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home