My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://rememberlv.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Remember: First Frost Challenge: Log Three - Walk Hard

Thursday, July 9, 2009

First Frost Challenge: Log Three - Walk Hard

In the second week of my challenge, I must admit that I slipped up a bit. The fourth of July holiday led to a lot of excess eating that I am sure exercise wasn’t enough to counteract. I was also a bit lax regarding exercise. I did a lot of park walking this week but I didn’t submit myself to the cardiovascular exercise that I should be doing.

Don’t get me wrong, I walked hard.

(That is the official theme song of this challenge)

I made sure to keep an elevated heartbeat steady and I pushed through a lot of sweat. In addition to park walking, I played a lot of disc golf this week. Those courses, with varied terrain elevations and long distances can serve as very enjoyable workouts.

I want to show you the mountain trail in the Parkway that I walked a few times this week. I first documented the trail on my Lehigh Parkway part 2 park log. If you go back and compare and contrast the pictures, it shows the amazing transition from spring to high summer.








All in all, I still feel like I am gaining more energy. Let’s see what the scale says:

Wow. Fair enough. Four pounds gone. Maybe things are starting to click. I am going to ramp up the intensity in my workouts this week and hopefully these results continue. There is however a large pink elephant behind all these posts that I am going to have to address soon; the elephant being my smoking habit. In order for me to use these parks to their full potential of exercise I am really going to have to quit. Plans for that will be discussed in next weeks entry.

I have invited my brother Bryan to join my challenge. His goal is to gain weight. If anyone else wants to join up with whatever goals they have, leave a comment. We can all get each others backs. It is easier to do things like this with the support of friends.

Don't forget to try and come out for a walk in the Parkway this Saturday at noon. We are meeting at Bogart's bridge.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous monkey momma said...

WOW!!!! Four pounds is a lot! Way to go - that is awesome. Congratulations.

I have no resolutions to post - just hoping to maintain right now!

The trail looks fun - maybe the kids and hubby and I will check it out this weekend.

July 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kleiner said...

If you park at the Robin Hood bridge and walk the regular paved trail to the right, you will see the woodland path on your left just as you enter the forested area.

Thanks for the support!

July 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home