My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://rememberlv.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Remember: Our Picnic in the Park and a CBP Construction Update

Monday, August 31, 2009

Our Picnic in the Park and a CBP Construction Update

Yesterday, we gathered on a beautiful afternoon in Cedar Beach Parkway for a picnic, some Frisbee and a walk through the construction in the Gardens.




Here, Sean lounges and sips his root beer:

Walking through the Gardens, I can offer a little construction update. The trenches are completely dug through the Rose Garden. Guiseppe is working fast on the completion of his columns and in the Old Fashioned Garden, they have leveled out the ground around the path and it looks even better than it did. The Garden should look great next summer.





I want to thank everyone for coming out yesterday. I was glad to be able to have a positive discussion about the construction and it was a genuinely good time. A special thanks goes to the folks who made the long drive from points south to come out, thanks Jos, Mike and Dani.

For the record, I award the frisbee MVP to my friend Will. He flailed around like a fish out of water and ate grass more than once while trying to make catches. It was a sight.

Thanks again if you made it out. I hope to see everyone again, next time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LVCI said...

The stone work seems to keep the theme of the prior work of the WPA.

I do see the current immediate Rose Garden as a positive. I'm not sure the original over the top ideas would have been. The South side trails I'm not as positive about. Still would prefer them to be packed dirt.

Thanks for the photos, you've couldn't have had a nicer day for this, sun & temperature wise.

August 31, 2009 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Andrew Kleiner said...

Lvci, I agree on all counts. It was a perfect day.

August 31, 2009 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Red-Hot American Justice said...

Did Sean bring his own root beer, or did he make you bring some?


Also, my captcha for this comment is "rawlamb".

August 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home