My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://rememberlv.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Remember: A Remember Update

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Remember Update

Over the next few weeks I intend to post some stories and pictures from summer adventures that have yet to make it onto Remember. I had to skip a lot of stuff because of the never ending Cedar Beach conversation. That conversation seems as if it may continue through the last month of 2009 and long into the new months of 2010…

Today, I wanted to offer you readers the chance to ask any questions or make any statements in a roll call type of post. There have been some hot button conversations on Remember lately and I invite any reader with a valid and relative post to the topics discussed on here to make any sort of comment you want. I would also love to hear your suggestions for where you would like to see this blog go in 2010. I have some plans to visit some National Parks but I want to get a slew of Pennsylvania State Parks covered on here this year and I want to document the expanding trail systems developing on the Eastern part of our state.

I must mention here as well that I have been avoiding having to use comment moderation on this blog because I want to encourage conversation about conservation and preservation in an open fashion. There have been a sad number of spam comments of late and if they continue I will be forced to use comment moderation.

With the long cold just set to begin, I believe the winter to be an excellent time for reflection on the situations in our parks and some things that need doing inside them that have yet to be done or even proposed. This week, I will be posting about park volunteer forces across America that serve as examples of the projects that should get moving here in Allentown. I will also use this winter to attempt to drum up more support for the environmental rescue that Jordan Park, Trout Creek Parkway and Canal Park are desperately in need of.

I hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving, and thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Bethanne said...

The Community Development Director, past or precent, are suppose to make these things happen. No? With maybe some co-operation from the Parks Department. No? Maybe you should apply for the soon to be openening at city hall. You have some great ideas.

December 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kleiner said...

Thank you Bethanne,

I don't think they would have me, ha ha. I am going to keep at it though, there will be announcements of some planned events when the months turn warmer and hopefully I can improve on the turnout in 2010.

December 1, 2009 at 9:49 PM  
Anonymous I heart our parks said...

Andrew, do you know anything about plans for a dog park in Allentown? I thought this was supposed to happen soon. What are your thoughts? I have noticed many dog owners not keeping dogs on leashes in the parks, and this can be dangerous.

December 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kleiner said...

IHOP,

I have been asked that question a few times by different people and to my knowledge, plans for a dog park are being actively developed. I do not know where or when but if I ever hear anything or anything is announced, I will surely post about it here.

December 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home